A compilation of the feedback I got from my social media page from which I shared productions.
Week 4 Social Media Report (23/1/17)
As a result of making professional social media accounts from which I shared my productions throughout various weeks. As a result here is the feedback people gave me about what they though about my creations.
Feedback from Kai Ross-Best
I can tell from reading this that the things Kai enjoyed was my variety of sound effects that I used. He also stated that the ambient sound I used faded out and then back in. I didn’t notice this issue prior so I went and listened to it twice and both times paying attention to the ambient track I was able hear the issue Kai arose.
To try to solve this, I went into Avid Media Composer and opened up the edit.
This is my edit timeline. I followed the timeline across, focusing on the ambient sound and near the middle of the edit I found the problem. The problem was that when editing the ambient track I accidentally left a gap between the two tracks which with the ‘fade out’ effect active left a short moment of silence before the track started back up again.
I thought of a solution of to the problem. I removed the last strand of my ambient sound and re-trimmed it to match where the previous one had left of and then I put them together as shown on the picture above on the right.
Lydia Reeves said that she found my ambient sound fitting with the project, Lydia said it’s there and that you can hear it but its at a volume level where it isn’t loud enough to distract her. Lydia also said that I could improve on my sound effects, I didn’t include enough so the overall production may have sounded a bit loose in parts. Lydia said that my troll’s dialogue wasn’t loud enough
I thought about what Lydia said and possible solutions for the issues she found. Firstly I dealt with the volume of the Troll’s voice as even I noticed it was a little to quiet compared to everything else that was happening.
My solution to the Troll’s low volume; I decided to increase the volume of this individual part. I tested it each time, raising it little at a time after listening to it until I found a volume that fitted with the rest that wasn’t too loud or quiet.
For a solution to Lydia’s feedback when she said that I didn’t have enough sound effects I would use a website that I found useful called ‘FreeSFX’. FreeSFX is a website that I use often, they offer free sound effects that all royalties free so they are free to use for my production. If I did this again I would use FreeSFX to find more sound effects to build a more solid sounding piece. I would also record more of my own stuff in my own time which I would use in my production. Being able to leave campus would’ve helped a lot as my group would’ve been introduced to a wider range of possibilities.